My Taylor Swift Reputation Album Reaction,Review and Rating
Go to Youtube and Like,Subscribe and Comment on this Video!!!
Are you looking for reactions to Taylor Swift's most recent full album Reputation? Oh you are so in the right place then! Marvin of Everyday Marvin is gonna break it down for ya babe!
This post will be all about TSwift's hot album Reutation and what my reaction was to every single song I heard on it!
Before I get started make sure you follow me on Instagram and Twitter @everydaymarvin. I also have a youtube channel called EveryDay Marvin where I put out videos each week covering music, and various forms of entertainment.
So what lead me to finally listen to Taylor Swift's most recent and possibly most daring album? Well it was strictly FOMO that got in the way. Yes I had the fear of missing out on the big buzz. So I had to grab it and hear what was going on.
I will be honest when the first single "Look What You Made Me Do" dropped I wasn't exactly thrilled.... I had enjojyed several of her singles from 1989 and was expecting something more along those lines.
I must say after the video dropped I started to like it a little bit more. Then she droped Ready for It. I wasn't ready for it but it was banging for sure!
So finally I gave in and downloaded her album.
What follows will be track by track breakdown
1. Ready for It? - I had already heard it by the time I got the album but i enjoyed it none the less. I always felt like this song was a mix of Wildest Dreams and Bad Blood. It also seemed to have a splash of Blank Space in it as well. It all worked to make me wanna get out of my chair and boogie!
2. End Game - This song was a surprise the first time I heard it. I was like Future, Ed Shereen and Taylor Swift on the same song?! On paper this would seem like an odd idea but it works out pretty well to say the least. I enjoyed listening to it several times! This is another jam!
3. I Did Something Bad - This was also another nice surprise where she talks about the users and losers. She basically does the same back to them. I loved how the song flowed and I found myself wanting to get up and move once more!
4.Don't Blame Me - This song slows it down a little and gives almost a churchy feel to it. It talks about how she is addicted to her lover and wants them everyday for the rest of her life. It is yet another good one!
5.Delicate - This one was as single but i heard it before it became one and i really liked it. It kind of had this island feel i enjoyed. I liked how she mentioned that her reputation wasn't great so the other person really had to liek her for who she was. I enjoyed this a good bit.
6.Look What You Made Me Do - This was the lead single and while it is not my favorite song it has grown on me a little bit by now. It is worth a listen every now and then. I also like how it has a old 90s r&b feel at the beginning.
7. So It Goes - This song is possibly my favorite song on the whole album! It has a very articular feel when listening to it. The chorus seems to hit particular ly harder than expected and it flows really well. Scratches down my back now is recited to nice effect.
8.Gorgeous- This seems to be a lighter number and kind of jokes around the topic of falling for someone you can't have. I think most people can relate to this.It is fun little number to me and worth a listen.
9. Getaway Car - This number to me seems to remind me of a return to 1989 album. It seems like it would fit on her previous album very well to me. It is splash of the old for her long term fans. It is an ok song to me but not my favorite.
10. King of My Heart - I like this number and like the contrasting beats on the verses and the chorus. It seems like old taylor and new taylor going back and forward to me.
11. Dancing With Our Hands Tied - This number I also enjoyed and found my head moving a little bit on it. It basically covers how a relationship really can't grown because of limitations on both ends.
12 This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things - This seems like a kind of mix of several things. It feels like going back in time on the chorus but the verses are more modern. Seems like a fun number for her to me.
13 Call It What You Want -This one was single and i instantly liked it upon listening. I still liked it on the album and it is a nice way to head towards the end of the album.
14 New Year's Day - This is probably my least favorite song. I just didn't feel a pull to like it. It really isn't catchy like the others and kind of forgetable to me.This strikes me as going back to a very old school taylor and to satisfiy her more hardcore fans. I only listened to this one like twice and left it alone
So to me overall the Reputaton album is a pretty much cohesive piece of work for her. I feel like there has definitley been some growth sonce 1989 album and in a good way!
I would give this album an A for a good overall pop album. This is my reacton and review of this.